It is important to take into account the applicable regulations on electric bicycles before purchasing one, i.e. only electric bicycles with a motor of 250W AND maximum speed 25 km/h AND without accelerator can legally circulate on public roads without specific authorization as they are considered as bicycles; electric bicycles with a motor of more than 250W and/or with accelerator are considered as type L mopeds and can only legally circulate on private roads unless the regulations applicable to type L mopeds are respected if circulating on public roads (registration, insurance, compulsory helmet, driving license, etc.), therefore, they are considered as bicycles. ...), so these bicycles should never be used on bike lanes.
Our bicycles with motors over 250W and/or with throttles are not registrable, we are in the process of homologating some of our electric bicycles with 500w, 750w and 1000w motors in order to provide the necessary documentation for registration, but for the moment the only option for motors over 250w and the use of throttles is to ride exclusively on private roads.
The most powerful electric bike generates almost a horsepower, the electric motors, have no losses, like gasoline engines. The motors have 4 levels of assistance.
Level 1: motor on, assistance off, you have no motor assistance, there is hardly any consumption and simply pressing the next level enters the motor in operation.
Level 2: The engine runs up to 12 km / h after this speed stops and there is no consumption.
Level 3: Up to 18 km / h, in the same way to exceed this speed the engine shuts off and there is little consumption.
Level 4: Maximum power, the engine takes you without hesitation up to 25 km / h, if you are able and I say this because the speed is devilish, if you are able to go above this speed with the cadence of pedaling, the engine shuts off and consumption is minimal.
Note for the navigator: every time you give to the next level, you will notice a devilish power that takes you flying up to the claimed speed, giving pedals is mere formality.
Batteries can be of many types, the most commonly used for e-bike motors are: Lithium, LiFe Po4, Gel, Acid.
Gel and acid batteries are very similar, a little cleaner the gel battery, the manufacturers warn of the possible memory effect, if you do not discharge them completely. It does not pass anything for doing it some time, but the bad daily use can finish with a battery. On the other hand, the models that mount this type of batteries as the chopper electric bicycle carry 4 batteries of 12v x 12 Ah and it is more difficult to notice.
It is important to know that you should charge the battery to the maximum when you receive the bike and before using it for the first time; it will also be important to completely discharge and recharge the battery during these first recharges as the first 3 or 4 recharges are going to be vital to optimize the life of the battery and will contribute greatly to maximize its performance. It is also important to respect the charging time, keep in mind that our chargers usually have a charging capacity of 2ah per hour (for example for a 10ah battery if the battery is completely discharged the full charging time will be about 5h, for a 15ah battery it will be about 7,5h....).
We would like to point out some things that you should ABSOLUTELY AVOID for the battery; by following all these recommendations, you should be able to take full advantage of the expected life of the battery:
* NEVER LEAVE A BATTERY COMPLETELY DISCHARGED for several days in a row: this can cause it to brutally and irreversibly lose some of its capacity. This is called a deep discharge situation. It is not reached when using the bike, because the BMS automatically stops the use of current before reaching this level to protect the cells (motor cut-off under stress). But this level can be reached over time if the charge is very low, so in this case it is necessary to recharge immediately.
* DO NOT STORE A WEAKLY CHARGED BATTERY FOR A LONG TIME. Although lithium-ion technology has a very low self-discharge, this self-discharge exists even if the battery is disconnected from the electrical system. This means that, over time, a battery that has been in storage for several weeks or months could fall below the deep discharge limit even though energy has been deposited in storage. To avoid this, it is recommended to store the battery at a charge level of at least 80% (preferably 100%), and recharge it once a month or every 2 months, especially in winter or cold weather.
* DO NOT RECHARGE THE BATTERY LONGER THAN NECESSARY: leaving the battery connected to the charger for a long time after charging is complete may decrease the battery's charging capacity, which will shorten the battery's life; observe the charging time and take care to disconnect the battery after charging is complete; do not leave the battery charging overnight.
* DO NOT CHARGE THE BATTERY SISTEMATICALLY WHEN THERE IS A CONSISTENT CHARGE REMAINING: never draining the battery completely can affect the charge capacity and influence the Display measurement, for example, if a battery is charged all the time when there is 30% left the display may show that the battery is empty when 30% is well charged. Ideally, charge the battery when less than 10% is left (but not at 0) and recharge it to the maximum.
* BEWARE OF EXTREME TEMPERATURES AND HUMIDITY. It is not recommended to use these batteries in extreme cold conditions or in temperatures above 40º. You should also try to recharge in an ambient temperature range of 10º to 30º. Do not store the battery in places exposed to frost, especially when it is lightly charged, or in humid places, or expose it to excessive heat, for example in a closed car in the middle of summer.
* AVOID SHOCKS AND PERFORATION OF THE CASING. A perforated cell can cause a fire. However, as your battery has an external casing (the battery is not integrated in the frame), it is in principle well protected from external damage.
* DO NOT GET THE BATTERY CONTACTS WET. If the battery has been removed, make sure that the battery and the receiver bracket on the bike are completely dry before putting it back on the bike.
The expenditure of the 24 volt x 5 amp lithium batteries is 0,067'€¨ for 4 hours of charging, taking a charging time of 3-4 hours depending on the remaining charge left in the batterya.
Example made for the 24V x 5Ah battery
Battery: 24 V x 5Ah = 120 w h (0.12 kW h) Storing energy
Charger: 1.8 A 110/220 V
Charging time: 5 Ah/1.8 A = 3 h + Losses
The price is 0.14 euros/Kwh (average price in Spanish households, depending on the type of tariff and contracted power),
Cost of each charge: 0,12 kwh (E.consumes battery) x 4 h (charging time) x 0,14 €/kwh = 0,067€ the cost, less than 10 euro cents each charge.
The autonomy of the real bicycle is not measured in km but in time.
The time of use is a coefficient that gives you to multiply the values of the battery 24 V x 5Ah = 120 w h between what the motor consumes per hour 250w (here you have to subtract the force that develops an average user (between 100w and 140w when pedaling) 250w (motor power) - 120w (average power of the user) 130w of expenditure, 120/130w = 0,92
This coefficient (0.92) is multiplied by the average speed,
. 20 kms average x 0.92 gives you 18 km traveled (not 100% real as we have to take into account that the motor thrust is not continuous),
. 30 kms average x 0.92 would be 28km (the pedal assistance is only up to 25km/h so every time we exceed the speed the motor does not consume so the distance increases kilometer by kilometer).
If you choose a more powerful battery as 36v x 12Ah are almost 4 times more capacity.
As you can see the kilometers are taken out mixing many factors, when sellers put an autonomy of 40-70km is for all these variables, but it is always more accurate to make the calculation in time.
The autonomy of electric bicycles is not measured in kilometers, but in time. The kilometers are given to offer the user a better compression.
The time of use is a coefficient that gives you to multiply the values of the battery 24 v x 5 Ah = 120 watts hour between what the motor consumes per hour, 250w (here we should subtract the force that unintentionally develops an average user between 100 and 140w when pedaling).
120 watts (average power of the user) - 250 watts consumed = 130 watts of consumption
120w of the battery / 130w of continuous expenditure (never continuous) = 0.92 (coefficient of real time of use, if the battery were constantly at 100% use).
We multiply this coefficient by our average speed and it would be as follows:
For 20km/h average (the engine would not be at 100% at any time) x 0.92 (coefficient of use) = 18 km traveled (not reliable in its broad meaning, since the thrust of the engine is not continuous and in any case 100% consumption of the battery is required) In my experience with these batteries you would travel 30km.
For 30km/h average x 0.92 gives us a result of 28km (in this assumption we must take into account that the pedal assistance only pushes us up to 25km/h so every time we exceed the speed the motor does not consume, so the autonomy increases kilometer by kilometer.
In practice, with this model of battery, if you ride between 23 and 28km/h you will cover about 36-40 kilometers. If you ride on the bike path, the average speed is less than 12-16km/h in the best case and you take the assistance to the maximum, you can cover 20-22 kilometers.
With a 36 x 12 Ah battery, you will almost triple these values, a priori it may seem little 22 kilometers but at average speed of bike lane, it is two hours of ride.
The weight of the rider and the inclination of the terrain also have an influence.
As you can see there are many factors that influence the autonomy of electric bicycles, when sellers put between 50km-70km of autonomy, is to make these values more comprehensive.
All the parts we use to assemble the bikes go through an exhaustive selection process. For conventional bikes you can configure almost any kind of parts, weaknesses take a long time to appear.
In e-bikes, the high level of power, the high average speeds, thanks to the thrust of the motors, make parts such as rim axles, bottom brackets, brakes... wear out and complain much earlier.
We know the importance of this kind of things, we work in constant evolution to avoid them.
Our axles are BBfirst start of the best possible quality, we use high resistance shimano brake pads, because we know that the normal discs, not hydraulic, end up deforming with the strong tensions that it supports.
Kenda tires, double wall aluminum rims, reinforced copper heads. This is a fundamental part of the bike, especially on the wheel where the motor is installed, the forces that they support are terrible, all the energy is transmitted by the spokes.
6061 aluminum frames. Undoubtedly the best possible alloy for quality bicycles, alloys used by the best bicycle brands on the market, and the jewel in the crown, hydroformed frames.
Shimano Tourney TX and Shimano Nexus 3i and 7i internal shifting systems. Internal shifting is located inside the rear wheel hub.
The frame, handlebars and external parts of the frame are entrusted to the world-renowned ZOOM brand.
SR Suntour suspensions, adjustable in height and rebound and of course with lockout.
Velo saddles and sleeves provide the necessary comfort to enjoy the bike to the fullest.
The engines, by our 5 years of experience and testing, we have achieved for your enjoyment, the engines that generate more thrust and power. The pull is really spectacular.
The batteries have Panasonic cells.
Controllers of high resistance of 15 amps.
System of Led lights, rear and front operated from the display of the control to facilitate us the vision and more important, to be seen.
The Bicycles are assembled in Leon, in our warehouse are assembled and tested all parts.
All our customers have a two year warranty on all parts and one year on the battery and motor.
Any problem that may arise once you have purchased the bike, we will try to solve it as quickly as possible, if it is a defective part, we will send you the new part to replace. If it is something more than changing a part, we pick up the bike, in 24 hours we have it in the warehouse, we repair it and send it as new, without disorder for the customer.
For more information, please contact us.